Our History

Founded in 1895, Trinity Lutheran Church has been a part of the Lemoyne community for over 120 years. This church has born the image of Christ through two world wars, depression, floods, and fires. The people of Trinity have served the West Shore Community for more than a century through feeding ministries, mission trips, mission support, ministry to the homeless, and those in need. The people of Trinity look to live out the mission of Christ in their daily lives, offering ministries to serve the people of Lemoyne, offer opportunities for discipleship, and serve the broader community and the world.

The Fire

In 1944, the entire church structure was destroyed by a devastating fire. In the months and years that followed, the people of Trinity, supported and bolstered by the Holy Spirit, worked together to rebuild the church. The new structure was re-dedicated by 1950 and has grown in phases since then.

The Renovations

In the summer of 2015, the people of Trinity voted to move forward with renovations to the physical structure including: upgrading the kitchen, upgrading fellowship hall, adding handicapped accessible bathrooms and a ramp into fellowship hall from the adjacent parking lot. The renovations were completed in November and dedicated to the memory of Ruth Evinger, a member and generous supporter of Trinity.

Select the arrows to the left and right to view the images of Trinity's Renovations:

Ruth Evinger Fellowship Hall
Ruth Evinger Fellowship Hall

Finished Renovations

press to zoom
Ruther Evinger Fellowship Hall
Ruther Evinger Fellowship Hall

Finished Renovations

press to zoom
Ruth Evinger Dedication Sign
Ruth Evinger Dedication Sign

press to zoom
Ruth Evinger Fellowship Hall
Ruth Evinger Fellowship Hall

Finished Renovations

press to zoom
1/9